- Tesla AI Day came and went, they delivered on the humanoid robot prototype announced last year and poised to hit the market long before the decade’s end.
- Companies like Amazon are built around the power of artificial intelligence, with every aspect of the business using AI, from customer recommendations to their highly profitable cloud-based services.
- AI is changing every industry, from health care to education to investing, so here’s a list of possible AI investments.
We absolutely can’t ignore that artificial intelligence is changing the way we do everything in every industry, from the possibility of self-driving cars to social media algorithms showing you customized content. You may have heard of some of AI's advances in text or image generation. You may have even heard about AI being used in health care, as the World Economic Forum just announced how AI could detect tuberculosis.
The hope is that machines will eventually replicate human intelligence without the need for human input or interference. This space is growing rapidly, and it seems likely that every industry will be impacted by it. Many major companies have invested heavily in AI, and it feels like if you don’t take it seriously, you could be left behind.
What’s happening with AI?
Basic forms of AI are currently being used across many industries. Colleges are using AI for admissions and financial aid decisions. E-commerce platforms use AI to help make product recommendations. Many businesses are using AI for fraud detection and budgetary oversights.
AI is now allowing computers to make decisions that historically required human beings. Issues are resolved within a company without humans ever interacting. AI is being used to solve complex problems, automating new tasks and business functions, minimizing errors, leading research and data analysis, and even - ahem - enhancing customer service.
MORE FROMFORBES ADVISOR
According to findings from the Brookings Institute, the U.S. is significantly behind in AI developments compared to China, and the federal market for AI is still in its early stages.
How wide ranging is artificial intelligence?
AI covers everything from search engine algorithms to robotics and self-driving cars. There’s enormous potential for AI to improve the health care industry. AI can help schedule staff, detect patient risks, and even discover patient conditions. Patient risk predictors can expedite the work of front-line staff and improve the flow of hospitals. There’s even the possibility of using AI to create a robot taxi service, already in process at Tesla.
According to Zion Market Research, the global AI industry should grow to $422.37 billion by 2028. This would be up from $59.67 billion in 2021.
It’s worth noting that many tech giants sell AI analytical services to business clients, from cloud computing to software tools.
Leading companies in different fields of AI.
With so much emphasis on the future of AI, here are some leading companies utilizing this new technology.
Alphabet, the parent company of Google, is one of the leaders in AI research. We’ve all experienced the power of Google’s AI technology, from the accuracy of our daily searches to the often-incredible precision with which they organize our photos for us.
Google’s use of AI could fill a book, but suffice to say, it’s becoming more ubiquitous across their platforms. Google Assistant is an AI-powered voice assistant. Google Maps uses AI-powered updates to give you a live view of where you’re going and autocorrecting for traffic changes along the way.
Alphabet also owns a company that uses AI for drug discovery, DeepMind, whose scientists were just awarded a $3 million prize for creating an AI system that predicts how almost every protein folds into its 3D shape. Researchers at DeepMind also recently taught digital humanoids how to play soccer from scratch. The team is investigating whether these AI training strategies can work beyond soccer.
This high-end chip maker is responsible for powering AI applications. The company offers AI solutions to various industries, ranging from health care to higher education. Nvidia offers solutions for speech recognition, medical imaging, gaming, and improving supply chain management.
While the company has suffered in 2022 with crypto mining changes (like the Ethereum merge) causing the GPU market to drop, analysts are now back to supporting Nvidia since the company announced new products, such as the Omniverse Cloud Services for industrial Metaverse applications.
It’s pretty astonishing how deeply integrated AI technology is throughout Amazon’s entire company. Amazon uses AI to customize the products that customers see and recommend. They also use AI at certain fulfillment centers, with small robots used to ferry packages around the warehouse to their human workers. Then there are many Amazon Fresh and Amazon Go stores that use the Just Walk Out payment system.
So, AI plays a role in most parts of its business, from targeting advertisements to the Amazon Web Services platform. Alexa is also in many households around the country, and AWS cloud customers have access to many AI tools.
Lemonade is the first insurance company to be fully powered by AI. The company uses an AI-powered bot, Maya, to handle everything for you, from finding a quote to handling claims. You can go through the website to see how efficient AI is when it comes to insurance.
The company offers insurance products for the following sectors: homeowners, renters, pets, life, and auto insurance. Lemonade has turned the insurance industry upside down by relying on AI for handling claims. If you were to claim property insurance, you wouldn’t have to worry about calling an insurance agent and being stuck on the line. You can handle everything online with Maya.
We can’t forget a company that has a dedicated annual AI Day. With a humanoid robot, self-driving cars, and the possibility of a robot taxi service envisioned as a mix of Airbnb and Uber, Tesla’s always working on innovations when it comes to AI. One can only imagine what the peak of AI’s technological advancement will look like when hearing about Tesla’s projects.. One of the main purposes of Tesla’s AI Day is to recruit the best talent in AI, as the company is investing heavily in this field.
These companies are worth looking into as an investment if you’re looking to purchase shares in the AI industry. We have you covered in the next section if you want some additional stock choices.
The best AI stocks to consider right now
Here are some AI stocks worth looking into long-term as the stock market continues to tumble.
Meta Platforms Inc. (META)
Chances are that you’ve seen how Meta uses AI in its news feeds and algorithms for ads on Facebook. That’s just scratching the surface regarding what Meta’s working on involving AI. The company owns the Meta AI lab that recently announced they’re trying to use AI to decode speech from brain activity from those who’ve suffered traumatic brain injuries. The research has yet to be peer-reviewed and is still in its early stages, but it goes to show the ambition Meta has for the future of AI technology. While it often feels like Meta can read your mind, it would truly be something else if they could literally read your brainwaves.
C3.ai is involved in enterprise AI, which offers done-for-you and customized AI applications to clients looking to go all digital and get their companies on the cloud. These AI algorithms can help with operations, reducing costs, detecting fraud, and even employee safety.
The company hasn’t reported a profit yet because expansion investments are still being made.
Salesforce is a cloud-based customer relationship management platform that uses connected apps to bring companies and customers together. The company also offers AI-based information for sales, marketing, and service teams across all industries. The cloud-based software helps companies track customer analytics along with sales and spending. Salesforce Einstein is the official AI technology used in the customer success platform.
Other AI stocks worth investing in:
- Adobe (ADBE) Creative Cloud products now all use Adobe's AI platform, Sensei.
- International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) just announced that research is being done on how to train a customer service robot to sound more human.
- Workday, Inc. (WDAY) is a cloud-based application provider focused on human resources.
We just scratched the surface here when it comes to investing in AI. Many companies specialize in AI, and many organizations are implementing AI-based technology. There is a lot of debate in technical circles about what actually qualifies as AI versus exceptional algorithms and machine learning, all impressive work but real AI is built around neural networks. You can expect more from us on this topic in the future.
How Q.ai uses artificial intelligence
If you’re looking to see the power of AI in action, you must learn more about Q.ai, our company is built to leverage artificial intelligence to offer investment strategies. Q.ai utilizes artificial intelligence in three key ways to help investors:
- Creating investment kits, which is to say selecting stocks, ETFs, etc. The power of AI is used assess every investment every week and to bundle them into kits that users can use to invest in key market sectors like Precious Metals, Tech Rally, Value Vault and Short Squeeze.
- Weighting the assets in each Investment Kit in order to manage downside risk within each sector.
- Portfolio Protection is a feature that uses AI predictions to forecast possible risks to adjust portfolio allocations.
If you’re hoping to make money in the AI space, you can invest in one of our Kits. AI-powered Investment Kits take the guesswork out of investing. Our artificial intelligence scours the markets for the best investments for all manners of risk tolerances and financial situations. Each asset is assessed on its technical merit, growth potential, momentum volatility and market sentiment data from news sources, search data, proprietary sources and more. .
Download Q.ai today for access to AI-powered investment strategies. When you deposit $100, we’ll add an additional $100 to your account.
I'm a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of artificial intelligence and its applications across various industries. My expertise extends from the fundamental concepts of AI to its practical implementations in companies leading the technological landscape. I have hands-on experience and a wealth of knowledge in the field, allowing me to provide insightful information on the latest developments and trends.
Now, let's delve into the key concepts covered in the article:
Tesla AI Day and Humanoid Robot Prototype:
- Tesla recently held AI Day, unveiling a humanoid robot prototype.
- The company is actively investing in AI and aims to bring the robot to market before the end of the decade.
Artificial Intelligence's Impact Across Industries:
- AI is transforming various industries, including healthcare, education, and investing.
- It is influencing self-driving cars, social media algorithms, and text/image generation.
- Notable mention of the World Economic Forum's announcement on AI detecting tuberculosis.
Current Uses of AI:
- Basic forms of AI are already in use across industries.
- Examples include AI in college admissions, e-commerce product recommendations, fraud detection, and budgetary oversight.
- AI is automating tasks, solving complex problems, and enhancing customer service.
Brookings Institute's Findings on AI Development:
- The U.S. is reportedly behind China in AI developments, and the federal AI market is still in its early stages.
Global AI Industry Growth:
- Projections from Zion Market Research estimate the global AI industry to grow to $422.37 billion by 2028 from $59.67 billion in 2021.
Leading Companies in AI:
- Alphabet Inc. (Google): Utilizes AI across various platforms, including Google Search, Google Maps, and DeepMind for drug discovery.
- Nvidia Corporation: A high-end chip maker powering AI applications in healthcare, gaming, and supply chain management.
- Amazon: Integrates AI extensively in its operations, from product recommendations to fulfillment center automation.
- Lemonade: The first AI-powered insurance company, using a bot named Maya for quotes and claims handling.
- Tesla: Known for its AI Day, the company is investing heavily in AI for projects like self-driving cars and humanoid robots.
Investment Opportunities in AI Stocks:
- Meta Platforms Inc. (META): Utilizes AI in news feeds and is exploring decoding speech from brain activity.
- C3.ai (AI): Involved in enterprise AI applications for digital transformation.
- Salesforce (CRM): Offers cloud-based customer relationship management with AI-based information.
Additional AI Stocks to Consider:
- Adobe (ADBE): Creative Cloud products use Adobe's AI platform, Sensei.
- IBM: Researching training customer service robots to sound more human.
- Workday, Inc. (WDAY): A cloud-based application provider focused on human resources.
Q.ai's Use of Artificial Intelligence:
- Q.ai leverages AI for creating investment kits, assessing investments, and portfolio protection.
- AI is used to analyze technical merit, growth potential, momentum volatility, and market sentiment for investment decisions.
In conclusion, the rapidly evolving landscape of artificial intelligence offers significant investment opportunities across various sectors, and staying informed about key players and developments is crucial for making informed decisions.